Thursday, March 26, 2009

Acupressure for Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond

There will be an upcoming Acupressure Class for Birth Professionals that will be in Wichita, Kansas in May. It is designed for massage therapists, acupuncturists, doulas, midwives, chiropractors, and childbirth educators. This class will include learning such points for the natural induction of labor, positioning for the baby, fertility, breastfeeding and more. It will be taught by Dr. Lorraine Jones. You can visit her website at http://www.drlorijones.com/.

As a doula, I recently attended two births where I used some of these techniques to facilitate a smooth labor for my client and birth for her baby. I am a believer in acupuncture and acupressure anyway, but after seeing how powerful these points can be in birth, I cannot wait to learn more!

If you or anyone you know may be interested in taking this course, please let me know and I will make sure you get the information and a mailing of the information and class registration. Date and cost will be determined on the class size and interest.

Believe me, this will set you apart as a birth professional. You don't want to miss it!

No comments: