Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Breastfeeding Polls

Many books have been written about it and there is so much information out there about it. However, as an industrialized country, the USA does not rank highly in breastfeeding. Third world countries, who do not have the access too books, lactation consultants, and all the education, are ranking higher in their efforts to breastfeed. Hmmm...

The previous breastfeeding poll didn't tell me what I really wanted to know. Thanks for taking the time to take my two newest polls.

2 comments:

Donna Ryan said...

How about a box for "I DID exclusively breastfeed for at least 6 mos." I didn't vote on that one because it didn't apply to me.

Kendi said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Claire Coleman's and we met at Rio Mambo a few months ago. I found your blog through her. It's very informative! I'm totally for breastfeeding as long as possible up to a year and that's what I did with my first. I'm currently breastfeeding my second with very little supplements of formula(because I don't have enough milk). I think a lot of people are mis-informed about the benefits and think they only need to do it for 6 weeks when actually it's recommended for at least 6 months. There needs to be more of a push on the benefits and length of time.